It’s great to use songs in the class, if only to do something a little different. But beyond using them solely to give your students some ‘light relief’, there are many other ways songs can be used in classrooms to consolidate what students have already learnt.
- Songs for teaching grammar;
- Past Simple (Celine Dion – Because You Loved Me lyrics).
- Present Perfect (Michael Buble – Haven’t Met You Yet lyrics).
- Present Continuous (Lemon Tree – Fool’s Garden lyrics).
- “Will” future (Whitney Houston – I Will Always Love You lyrics).
- “Will” future (James Blunt – You’re Beautiful lyrics).